ISCA-SUSS Business Analytics Certification Programme
Invest in Your Future Now
Modern technology has brought about vast volumes of data that can be harnessed for analytics. Business analytics presents a range of opportunities for accountants by adding further value to the work they currently do. Through the ISCA-SUSS Certification Programme:
- Practical Business Analytics Techniques
You will acquire practical skills that can be applied directly at work, in areas such as customer relationship management, estimation of demand, production and cost.
- Customised to Your Needs
As professional accountants, the expanded competencies in the area of business analytics will supplement the core technical competencies of an accountant in financial and management reporting. Based on insights gained through data mining, predictive modelling and business forecasting, individuals can provide relevant information to facilitate data-driven decision making analysis.
- Integration with Technology
From day-to-day Excel to business intelligence tools (such as Tableau, Sage etc), application software is integrated into the courses. Individuals gain hands-on experience at performing business analytics using technology which has evolved to be very user-friendly.
The ISCA-SUSS Business Analytics certification programme allows you to have the flexibility to complete it at your own pace, by courses or by certificates. After completing the Business Analytics courses, you will achieve the following certificates:
- ISCA-SUSS Certificate in Business Analytics
- ISCA-SUSS Specialist Certificate in Business Analytics
Please note that the time stated in the above diagram refers to the estimated minimum time taken to complete the courses in the programme.
Individuals have the flexibility to complete the courses at their own pace, by course or certificate. They are strongly encouraged to enrol for a maximum of two (2) courses per semester (6 months) depending on their work and personal commitments.
Please refer to the following links to SUSS website for more information on the courses outlines and assessment components for the courses offered under the programme.
- ANL201 Data Visualisation for Business
- ANL303 Fundamentals of Data Mining
- ANL305 Association and Clustering
- ANL307 Predictive Modelling
- ANL309 Business Analytics Applications
- ANL311 Selected Topics in Business Analytics
- ANL317 Business Forecasting
- ANL321 Statistical Methods
- ANL488 Business Analytics Applied Project (ANL488 Business Analytics Applied Project is a 10CU project with a different set of course work and assessment components. Please contact us to find out more.)
The courses in the certification programme are mostly level three courses of the SUSS undergraduate degree programme with each course (except ANL488 Business Analytics Applied Project) lasting for 6 weeks (1 term). You are strongly encouraged to enrol for a maximum of two (2) courses per semester (6 months) depending on your work and personal commitments.
Typically, within the 6 weeks of the term and 1 week of term break, you are required to complete all 3 quizzes and 2 assignments for each course. Assessment components vary from course to course and you will be graded on at least two (2) of the following assessment components:
- Pre-course Quizzes
- Pre-class Quizzes
- Tutor-marked Assignment
- Group-based Assignment
- Individual Case Study
- End of Course Assessment
- Written exam / Timed Online Assignment
|No Funding||With SSG Funding|
|International Participants||S'poreans and PRs||S'poreans and PRs
(aged 18 and above)
|SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy
(S’poreans aged 40 and above)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs
|Fee for each course (including GST)||S$1,685.25||S$1,403.84||S$1,403.84||S$1,403.84||S$1,403.84|
|Fee for each course (including GST), after additional funding from the various funding schemes||S$1,685.25||S$1,403.84||S$421.15||S$158.75||S$158.75|
|Fee for each course, including GST (Applicable to Business Analytics Applied Project only)||S$3,369.43||S$2,807.68||S$842.30||S$317.50||S$317.50|
Course fees updated as of 2020.
- One-time application fee of $64.20 (inclusive of GST) applies.
- Course fees listed are applicable for Year 2020. The course fees are reviewed annually and may be revised. The course fees for Year 2021 will be released in November 2020. Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule and course fees without prior notice.
- Individuals are required to achieve at least 75% attendance, take all prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirements and have not previously received a government funding for the same course.
- SSG Funding is approved for January 2021 semester. For subsequent semesters, funding is subject to funding agencies’ renewal, and approval.
The course fee is not inclusive of other additional items such as additional recommended textbooks, examination fee for resits, etc.
Join us at our information session to find out more about the ISCA-SUSS Business Analytics Certification Programme!
- Date: 8 October 2020, Thursday
- Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm
In view of the current situation, the information session will be held virtually. More details will be shared with registrants.
By submitting this form, you agree to ISCA Privacy and Data Protection Policy at http://isca.org.sg/privacy-and-data-protection-policy and that ISCA may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for matters relating to the registration of the ISCA-SUSS information session and updating you on the ISCA-SUSS joint certification in business analytics in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. The Institute may from time to time use your personal data to inform you of related news, activities, benefits, goods, services, facilities and events. The Institute may also use your personal data for the conduct of statistical research and studies, and analyse the data collected to administer, develop and improve its services. For the purpose of event coverage, photography (and videography) will be in progress during the event. Please inform the photographers (or organiser) if you do not wish for your photographs to be taken.
Share this Page