A 3.5-day workshop facilitated by experienced industry leaders, covering topics –
(i) change leadership
(ii) business strategy
(iii) people strategy
(iv) technology strategy
o Better understanding of self and personal goals and alignment with work mindset
o Create and execute plan for better personal brand
o Use the tools of leaders to manage teams more effectively
o Learn how to map power at client organization as well as internal organization
o Better understanding and managing of demand and delivery
o Understanding the impact of innovation and how to deal with innovation as a leader of a team /organisation
- Self-Leadership & Mastering Personal Effectiveness
o Shift the focus from managing time to managing self
o Use a system of tactics & tools to appraise & align tasks strategically
o Recognize and eliminate time wasters
o Break indecision & procrastination habits
o Identify how delegation fits into your job and its exponential effectiveness
o Make goal-setting a dynamic process – short, medium & long term
o Benefits: Better understanding of self and personal goals and alignment with work mindset
- Mastering Your Personal Brand
o Understand each of us has a brand
o That it is important to manage the brand
o Own brand and writing down the first brand statement
o The importance of practicing personal introduction and branding
o Benefits: Create and execute plan for better personal brand
- Optimize Team Structure through the profiles & Behavior Analysis
o Understand behavioral tests and its use in business context
o Brief introduction to Social Style – one of the various models available in the market
o Communication – an example of the use of Social Style
o High level understanding of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicators
o Application of these models
o Benefits: Use the tools of leaders to manage teams more effectively
- Managing Stakeholders & communication Plan
o What a PowerMap is
o How a PowerMap is typically used
o How to organize discussion with team using PowerMap to influence decision makers in the organization
o Benefits: Learn how to map power at client organisation as well as internal organisation
- Managing Pipeline of Work
o One of the major aspects of managing demands in typical organisation
o The 4 major steps of managing the demand pipeline
o Some of the key leadership activities in managing the demands
o Mapping it to your own organization demand process
o Benefits: Better understanding and managing of demand and delivery
- Managing Innovation
o Ideation in the end-user IT context
o The 4 key inputs to Ideation / Innovation
o Technology Adoption Lifecycle
o Innovation Portfolio
o Benefits: Understanding the impact of innovation and how to deal with innovation as a leader of a team /organisation
Day One (2.5 hours)
- Introduction to client case study requirements
- What are your major business development challenges?
- What steps must be taken to grow the business?
- Understanding client expectations; benchmarking; networking & referrals
- Best practices in starting, managing and growing your business advisory services, including how to build such a team
- Managing advisory systems, processes and people resources
Day Two (2 hours)
- Pricing strategies (how to price more profitably & serve your clients better)
- How to ask the right questions of clients
- Strategic negotiation and building exceptional service
- Case study on Client Relationship Management/ Business Advisory - The facilitator will walk-through a specific industry case study to demonstrate the advisory process and how to engage with clients
Day Three (2.5 hours)
- Presentation of client business advisory case studies
- Project actions after workshop
- Hands-on session
- Hands-on session for participants - to develop an initial consultation with a suitable client of their choice. Participants will need to bring to the day a client’s latest annual financial statements for four years and enter them into Cashflow Story prior to day one. (An Excel spreadsheet and instruction guide will be provided.)
Mark Holton, FCPA, has more than 35 years’ experience as an Accountant and Tax Agent in practice. Mark is the Managing Director of Dynamic Taxation and Training Services and a Director of Smithink.
Mark has developed specialised skills in corporate presentations and training with extensive experience in both private and public sector industries in Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and North America. He is also a respected consultant in taxation and business management, in particular value-added services implementation and administration using key business advisory systems, processes and software.
Mark holds a Master of Commerce Degree as well as several post graduate qualifications in accounting and management. He also has a Degree in Adult Education and an Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to achieve the following learning objectives through practice-based approach:
o Appreciate the importance of HR strategy in contributing to business transformation
o Determine the state of employee value proposition, as well as employee engagement in their organisations
o Apply appropriate HR strategies using ISCA’s 4R Framework to address the HR challenges identified in their organisations
o Acquire insights and best practices to handle issues that may arise during people strategies implementation.
Why intentional HR strategy is important for business transformation
Business transformation involves a lot of “moving parts” coming together in alignment within the organisation for success.
Through the session, participants will learn to recognise the importance of people as an important driver of business transformation and appreciate how it aligns and integrates holistically with other aspects of the organisational components for successful business transformation. At the end of the session, participants will be motivated to start thinking about the “people” aspects of their businesses.
Why do employees want to join, stay and give their best in your organisation?
In this session, the participants will consider aspects of employee value propositions, as well as employee engagement which are based on empirical findings.
Employee value propositions are essentially what make a candidate want to join an organisation, or why an employee wants to stay with the company.
Employee engagement essentially refers to the facilitation of the right work and organisational conditions that motivates the employees to give their best each day and enhances their commitment to the organisational goals and values.
The participants will review and rank these aspects within their own organisations, to identity their current areas of strengths and weaknesses in terms of HR management, as well as HR challenges that need to be addressed for organisational effectiveness.
What people strategies can you adopt to address your HR challenges?
Based on the HR challenges identified for their organisations, participants will be guided to make use of ISCA’s 4R Framework, to think about possible people strategies that they can adopt to address the challenges.
The ISCA’s 4R Framework consists of:
- Recruit – This relates to strategies to attract and hire people with the right skills and attributes
- Reward – This relates to strategies (monetary and non-monetary) to motivate staff towards desired work behavior and performance outcome
- Reskill & Upskill –This relates to strategies to promote continuous learning and performance culture within the organisation
- Retain – This relates to strategies to facilitate identification of staff’s professional aspirations and development of approaches to retain the staff
How can you implement your people strategies effectively?
The session aims to help participants deal with the “how to” aspects of people strategy implementation.
Through a combination of case studies, guided questions & answers, group discussions and expert sharing, the participants will examine what to consider and how to deal with issues that may arise, including in relations to enhancing employee value propositions, inculcating continuous learning and performance culture and encouraging leaders to see and set the importance of tone at the top.
The session will end off with each participant determining an action plan to implement one of the people strategies for their organisation.
Understand the key challenges facing SMPs from technology perspective
Learn from your peers and the expert how these challenges have been addressed
Potential Challenges for digital transformation and how to overcome : Success stories from other SMPs who successfully made it happen
How to make the changes stick
Three Challenges faced by small accounting firms
- Issue with efficiency and compliance in current manual work
- Accessibility with real time data sharing
- Scaling to an enterprise level
Introduction to digital transformation to address the three challenges with
- Re-imagining your business
- Re-evaluating our value chain
- Re-building your organisation
Improving efficiency and compliance with leading edge accounting software
Example : Client Onboardng/ Proposal Management
Increasing accessibility with real time data sharing
- Accounting software on cloud
- Example: Business performance dashboard
Scaling to an enterprise level with RPA
Discussion on implementation challenges
Sharing by the expert : Overcoming implementation challenges and making changes stick Q&A
Date: Aug 2021 (Dates to be advised)
Delivery format: Hybrid of virtual and physical class
Share this Page