If you are a young leader passionate about global issues, a track record of making a difference and interested in meeting like-minded global young leaders, you could stand a chance to represent ISCA at the prestigious One Young World Summit on 28 September – 1 October 2016 in Ottawa, Canada!
The annual One Young World Summit brings together the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations. Delegates to the Summit meet and make lasting connections with peers from almost every industry, sector and country. No youth led movement outside the Olympic Games represents as many nationalities as the One Young World Summit.
During the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for pressing global issues. They will hear and be heard by world leaders acting as the One Young World Counsellors. Past Counsellors include Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Mary Robinson, Jack Dorsey and Arianna Huffington.
REPRESENT ISCA AT THE ONE YOUNG WORLD SUMMIT!
The sponsorship will include the following:
- Accommodation for three nights
- Return flight to Ottawa from Singapore
- Ground transport and airport transfers
- Meals and catering for the duration of the Summit
- Summit materials and access to all sessions
- Summit speaking opportunities (at organiser's discretion)
- Membership to the One Young World Ambassador community beyond the Summit
- An ISCA Member (Associate / Chartered Accountant), Singapore QP candidate, or an undergraduate pursuing a Degree in Accountancy
- Aged 18 – 30 as of 31 December 2016
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Track record of community involvement (e.g. in voluntary welfare organisations, religious organisations, society or professional groups)
- Social media savvy
- Reporting during the conference by social media and sharing content in your own names which will be shared by ISCA and Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW)
- Participating in public relation activities for ISCA and CAW – e.g. video testimonials, write-up in ISCA journal and/or blog (Read an example)
- Participating in CAW breakout sessions as part of the One Young World programme
- Act as an ambassador for ISCA and CAW during and after the conference
- Actively contribute to the accountancy sector, for example, as an ISCA committee member
How to Participate?
- Record a 1 minute video and tell us why you should represent ISCA at the One Young World Summit 2016. Be as fun and creative as you can!
- Write an essay of no more than 800 words on one of the following topics:
1. Community Involvement
This category focuses on young individuals who are giving back and making a positive impact to the society.
- What is your motivation for participating in extracurricular, community or volunteer activities?
- What do you think are some of the valuable lessons or skills gained from participating in such activities?
- How do you feel about giving back to the community?
These questions are not exhaustive and serve as general pointers for the essay.2. Sustainability & CSR
This category focuses on young individuals who are working to build links between the business world and communities at a local or global level.
- Have you been involved in championing any sustainability or CSR issues within your organisation?
- What are your views about sustainability & CSR? Do you think it is important for companies to embrace it?
These questions are not exhaustive and serve as general pointers for the essay.3. Entrepreneurship
This category focuses on young individuals who demonstrate a true passion in entrepreneurship.
- Have you been involved in championing any successful entrepreneurial initiatives?
- New business ideas or venture?
- Working for a successful start-up?
- Working on entrepreneurial initiatives outside your regular job?
- What is the most important skill to succeed as an entrepreneur?
These questions are not exhaustive and serve as general pointers for the essay.4. Leadership
This category focuses on young individuals who demonstrate the ability to lead, inspire and motivate others.
- Provide an example of how you have demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- What are the most important values and ethics one should demonstrate as a leader?
These questions are not exhaustive and serve as general pointers for the essay.5. Influence & Innovation
This category focuses on young individuals who challenge the status quo in their profession.
- Provide an example of how you are an innovator in your business or personal community.
- What are some barriers to innovation? How can companies overcome them?
These questions are not exhaustive and serve as general pointers for the essay.
- Submit your video's url, essay and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 July 2016, Monday.
All entries will be screened internally by a judging panel. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview in July/August.
ONE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN TO REPRESENT ISCA AT THE ONE YOUNG WORLD SUMMIT IN OTTAWA 2016.
Indora Tanudin, Senior Associate, Assurance, PwC, and ISCA’s representative, recounts her experience at the 2015 One Young World Summit in Bangkok, and explains why you should take part in the competition and stand a chance to become ISCA's next representative to the 2016 One Young World Summit
Share this Page