Accountancy Future Leaders Programme
In this age of digitalisation, global interdependence and complexity, professional services firms face diverse opportunities and challenges. The leadership of a public accounting firm is one of the most important drivers to raise the quality of the firm's work and seize opportunities in this competitive and disruptive market.
The Accountancy Future Leaders Programme ("AFL Programme") provides a structured and formalised professional development pathway aimed at developing selected individuals of accounting firms, in particular the Small and Medium Practices (SMPs), in leadership capabilities which is essential for succession planning. It also aims to improve the competitiveness of SMPs, provide tactical and practical assistance to enhance the quality of SMP services and showcase best practices.
For more information about the Programme, please click on the following links:
AFL Programme is primarily targeted at:
- professional accountants working in accounting firms, in particular SMPs, specifically high potential leaders identified by the managing partner, or
- middle to senior level officers with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
1) Applicant has to be nominated by his/her employer to participate in the Programme.
2) Applicant is required to submit the following documents together with the application form.
a) Referral Letter from Managing Partner/CEO/Senior Executive
All applications are subject to approval by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA) and Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC).
AFL Programme consists of:–
|Programme||Contents/ Outlines||Programme Date|
Participants are required to complete a 1.5-hour e-learning module "Effective Leadership in Practice" prior to attending the workshop.
The module aims to help participants to develop an understanding on the attributes of a good leader and the common styles of leadership in practice. Participants will determine appropriate leadership style he/she wishes to adopt taking into consideration the individuals within the organisation team or entity he/she is managing.
- Understand the traits of effective leadership and common practices of good leaders;
- Analyse the various leadership styles you can potentially adopt in your practice;
- Align your leadership style to fit your organisation's culture and context which will best work for the team/entity you are managing.
|Access to the e-learning modules will be made available at least 2 weeks before the workshop.|
(2) Facilitated Workshops
A 6-day workshop facilitated by experienced industry leaders, covering topics –
(i) business strategy
(ii) people strategy
(iii) technology strategy
The workshops will be highly interactive and designed to be practical and immediately applicable to the learners' organisational context.
Through case study approach and facilitation of peer learning by the trainer, the learners will gain invaluable insights from one another, as well as the sharing of best practices from other industries by the trainer.
The Programme will also bring in industry leaders to conduct leadership talk on innovative business models, and to offer perspectives of what makes for sound practice management leadership.
Click here for more information about the programme contents.
May - July 2023 - Dates to be advised
(6 days workshop will be conducted over 3 months)
(Note: ISCA reserves the right to amend the topic(s) and/or date(s) of the Programme.)
|Item||Fees (GST inclusive)|
|Programme fee per participant||S$7,490.00|
Nett fees payable per participant (after Training Grant**)
- for Singapore Citizens sponsored by their organisations
- for organisation register 2 or more participants
enjoy 30% discount
off the Programme Fees
All applicants are required to pay full course fee of $7,490.00 or $5,243.00 (for group discounts) upon registration. ISCA will reimburse the 50% funding to the eligible participants upon completion of the Programme and fulfilment of all funding criteria.
The fees above are inclusive of GST and may be reviewed periodically. The Institute reserves the right to adjust the fees without prior notice. There is strictly no refund of fees. Fees paid are not to be offset against other fees.
Singapore citizen who is nominated by his/her organisation and meet all the eligibility criteria below, get to enjoy funding 50% of the Full Programme Fee before GST.
- Applicant is a Singapore Citizen.
- Applicant has been nominated by his/her employer to participate in the Programme.
- Applicant is taking the course for the first time.
- Applicant must complete all e-learning module(s) and workshops.
- All costs associated with the training is fully sponsored by the company. Payment has to be made via corporate means (e.g. corporate cheque, corporate credit card).
- Applicant does not receive other grants from the Economic Development Board, capitation from the Ministry of Education or any other government grants (including support from SkillsFuture Singapore) for the Programme, regardless of the quantum of such other support.