Membership Reclassification (1)
Please click here for information on CA (Singapore) Application for Singapore QP Graduates
Under the Transitional Arrangements, to be eligible for reclassification to CA (Singapore), you will need to fulfill the conditions of the Transitional Arrangements with the timelines applicable to you :
- Approved as an Associate (ISCA);
- Attended and Passed the 5 days PAC;
- Possess at least 3 years post qualification or 5 years pre-post qualification relevant working experience;
- Proficiency in Local Tax and Law (the alternative to this criteria is to possess 2 years of relevant local working experience
Once the above requirements are fulfilled, you will need to complete the online application for CA (Singapore) - Transitional Arrangements and submit together with the supporting documents:
- Testimonials from previous and current employers
- Original or certified true copies of testimonials covering your working experience up to 1 month prior to the date of your application (covering 3 or 5 years working experience).
- Each testimonial should be presented on the company's letterhead specifying the period of your employment, with the exact commencement and cessation dates, your job title and a detailed description of duties.
- A copy of the PAC results notification letter
Please note that a typical application process will take at least 8-10 weeks upon submission of all necessary supporting documents and payment.
For members who want to register as public accountant with ACRA, they may write in to the Members Services Department of ISCA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a certificate of good standing for purpose of registration as public accountant. The electronic certificate will be sent via email within 5 working days from the date of completed submission of required documents.
To be eligible for registering as a public accountant, an applicant needs to meet the following requirements:
- Has attained the age of 21 years; and
- Satisfies the requirements prescribed by ACRA relating to:
- practical experience;
- membership in any professional accountancy body or organisation;
- proficiency in local laws;
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE); and
- Course on ethics and professional practice subjects, i.e. the ISCA Public Practice Programme
Click here for more information on registration as a public accountant.
Existing CA (Singapore) may apply to be a Fellow member if they fulfil the following requirements:
- 10 years of continuous full membership with ISCA immediately prior to application; and
- No less than 5 years at a senior management level or equivalent, or been in full-time practice as a public accountant either individually or in partnership
Please click here for more information on applying to be a Fellow member.
To be eligible for MIR, a member must be at least 62 years old as at 1 January of the year of renewal, and not gainfully employed (an earned income* of not more than S$36,000 per annum).
*Earned income refers to:
- Employment income including gross salary, bonus, allowances, commission, director’s fees or gratuity and
- Net earnings from self-employment such as trade, business, profession or vocation.
Examples of Income that are not earned income: Interest, dividend, rental, royalty, charges and estate/trust income.
Please click here for the new criteria application form (62 years old).
- MIR Application will only be processed if application is duly submitted and attached with supporting document (i.e. CPF statement and/or income tax statement or equivalent for the past 1 year.)
- Applications must be submitted on or before the subscription payment deadline on 31 January of the year of renewal. Otherwise, the application can be resubmitted at a later date and considered for next year’s renewal