The conforming and consequential amendments are limited amendments to the ISCA suite of standards in response to the quality management standards. They are limited to:
- Proposed updates to align titles and references to the new and revised quality management standards, and terminologies used to those in the new and revised quality management standards.
- Proposed amendments to align concepts, specifically conceptual changes in the quality management standards.
The conforming and consequential amendments would be effective for:
(a) Reviews of financial statements for periods beginning on or after 15 December 2022; and
(b) Other assurance and related services engagements beginning on or after 15 December 2022.
The standards covered under these amendments do not include the Singapore Standards on Auditing (SSAs). Conforming and consequential amendments to the SSAs were finalised and issued in October 2021 alongside the quality management standards.
Click here to assess the summary of conforming and consequential amendments to the other Singapore standards.
 Affected standards include:
- Framework for Assurance Engagements
- SSAE 3000 (Revised) Assurance Engagements other than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information
- SSAE 3400 The Examination of Prospective Financial Information
- SSAE 3402 Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization
- SSAE 3410 Assurance Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Statements
- SSAE 3420 Assurance Engagements to Report on the Compilation of Pro Forma Financial Information Included in a Prospectus
- SSRE 2400 Engagements to Review Historical Financial Statements
- SSRS 4400 (Revised) Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
- SSRS 4410 Compilation Engagements