Becoming an ISCA Youth Ambassador
Your voice matters. Inspire your peers and make an impact. We are looking for ISCA Youth Ambassadors! Step up and become a key representative and leader among Youth Associates (ISCA). Be the embodiment and advocate of professionalism, commitment and enthusiasm for aspiring accountants like yourself.
- Full-time Accountancy student and existing Youth Associate (ISCA) member
- Preferably in Year 2 or Year 3 (i.e. penultimate) of study but open to students at any stage of their course
- Strong peer network, highly motivated, proactive and actively engaged in university life and academic course
- Outgoing, well-spoken, strong public speaking, communications and interpersonal skills with enthusiasm and passion for the accountancy profession
- Creative ideas for the development of promotional activities from ISCA
- Savvy with a variety of social media platforms with an interest in blogging and writing
- Willingness to commit and be available for events and activities outside of academic hours including evenings, and weekend events
- Be one of the faces representing the ISCA brand in publicity collaterals including but not limited to brochures, flyers, videos etc.
- Be one of the young talents representing the ISCA brand at industry and outreach events both on and off campus, in-lecture talks, mentoring and sharing sessions.
- Act as a liaison between ISCA and university students to actively promote and participate in ISCA events and new initiatives either face-to-face or through your personal social media networks (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Conceptualise, implement and run events for ISCA Youth Associates
- Respond to calls for contribution of articles in ISCA’s Student EDM and/or ISCA Journal
- Share values and benefits of joining the Student Membership. Inspire and influence students to enrol as a Student Associate or Associate ISCA member and to pursue the Singapore Chartered Accountant Qualification
- ISCA Youth Ambassador Certificate / Badge for inclusion in your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Develop personal, professional and leadership skills; distinguish yourself and be noticed by potential employers, industry professionals and fellow students
- Enhance your resume with relevant industry and volunteerism experience
- Exclusive invitations to attend ISCA networking and professional development events
- Widen your professional network of like-minded professionals and students who are pursuing a career in the accountancy industry through events and networking opportunities, as well as gain valuable experience in public relations and community outreach
- Smooth transition to an Associate (ISCA) member and Associate (ISCA) Ambassador post-graduation. First year application and subscriptions fees of membership will be waived.
To volunteer, please assist to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before end 2020:
- Resume with inclusion of your active social media handles (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- A short write-up of yourself (no more than 300 words). Write-up should include:
- An introduction of yourself;
- Why you would like to be an ISCA Youth Ambassador; and
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a face-to-face interview. Training: ISCA Youth Ambassadors are required to attend mandatory training sessions. More details will be shared after selection.