International Integrated Reporting Framework Latest Release
10 Dec 2013
The release of the International Integrated Reporting Framework on Monday 9 December 2013, marks an important milestone in the market-led evolution of corporate reporting. It follows a three-month global consultation led by the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) earlier this year, which elicited over 350 responses from every region in the world, the overwhelming majority of which expressed support for.
The following document, Basis for Conclusions, provides the IIRC’s basis for conclusions on the major technical issues raised by respondents to the Consultation Draft of the International Framework released by the IIRC in April 2013 (the Consultation Draft).
A summary of the process followed by the IIRC in developing the Framework is included in the Summary of Significant Issues. In addition to analysis of over 350 submissions received on the Consultation Draft, the vast majority of which were supportive, it included:
• Publication of a Discussion Paper, an Outline and a Prototype Framework, and a series of Background Papers
• Discussions at IIRC Pilot Program conferences, webinars, and regional meetings, involving participants from both its Business Network and Investor Network
• Input from the IIRC Investor Testing Group and IIRC Technical Collaboration Groups
• Extensive outreach activities around the world, including roundtables, seminars, presentations and workshops
• Discussion and feedback on successive iterations throughout the development process at meetings and conference calls of the IIRC Technical Task Force and the IIRC Working Group.