16 Jul 2014
The Singapore Corporate Awards (SCA) constitutes five of Singapore's key awards - Best Managed Board Award (BMBA), Best Chief Executive Officer Award, Best Chief Financial Officer Award, Best Investor Relations Award, and Best Annual Report Award (ARA) - to recognise and celebrate the best in corporate governance among listed companies.
The Awards are organised by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA), Singapore Institute of Directors (SID) and The Business Times, supported by Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and Singapore Exchange (SGX).
The Best Chief Financial Officer Award is one of the awards under the auspices of the Singapore Corporate Awards to recognise and acknowledge the best in financial leadership in Listed Companies. The objectives of the Awards are to recognise CFOs who:
- Play a significant role in supporting, advocating and promoting good corporate governance, disclosure and transparency,
- Are exemplary role model in corporate financial disclosure by going beyond the regulatory financial reporting requirements,
- Help create long-term sustainable shareholder value
Awards will be presented for the following categories of companies:
- Listed companies with market capitalisation of S$1 billion and above;
- Listed companies with market capitalisation of S$300 million to less than S$1 billion;
- Listed companies with market capitalisation of less than S$300 million.
The SCA 2014 presentation and dinner was held on Tuesday, 15th July at the West & Central Ballrooms, Resorts World Convention Centre, Sentosa.
The winners are:
- Mr Lee Wai Fai, United Overseas Bank
- Mr Phillip Choo, Rotary Engineering
- Mr Dominic Siu, MTQ Corporation
Click here for words of wisdom from the three Best CFO Award winners!
Share this Page