Member in Retirement
Who is a Member in Retirement?
A Member in Retirement would be
- At least 62 years of age as at 1 January of the year of renewal;
- Effectively retired; and
- *Not gainfully employed
* "not gainfully employed" is defined as having an earned income of not more than S$36,000 per annum.
How to apply as a Member in Retirement?
To be eligible for MIR, a member must be at least 62 years old as at 1 January of the year of renewal, and not gainfully employed (an earned income* of not more than S$36,000 per annum).
*Earned income refers to:
- Employment income including gross salary, bonus, allowances, commission, director’s fees or gratuity and
- Net earnings from self-employment such as trade, business, profession or vocation.
Examples of Income that are not earned income: Interest, dividend, rental, royalty, charges and estate/trust income.
Please click here for the new criteria application form (62 years old).
- MIR Application will only be processed if application is duly completed submitted with supporting document (i.e. CPF statement and/or income tax statement or equivalent for the past 1 year.)
- Applications must be submitted on or before the subscription payment deadline on 31 January of the year of renewal. Otherwise, the application can be resubmitted at a later date and considered for next year’s renewal
For FAQs pertaining to the MIR application, please click here.