Public Practice Programme
The aim of the three-day ISCA Public Practice Programme is to provide practical insights to aspiring CAs (Singapore) who have the intention to become CAs (Singapore) with Certificate for Practice. The programme provides a framework for and looks at the business resources required in the setting up of a public practice.
The Programme covers the following subject matter:
- The Practitioner and the Regulatory Environment
- The primary objective is to uphold public interest for the benefit of society as a whole. There is a review of the principal laws, regulations and promulgations which apply to public practice. The ISCA and ACRA Codes of Professional Conduct and Ethics and anti-money laundering procedures are covered in this segment as well as the various standards and practice notes and guidance in the ISCA Members Handbook.
- The Practitioner and Management of the Professional Firm
- The focus is on the practice and procedures that a firm should have in place to ensure efficient running of the practice. These include procedures to ensure that the firm addresses and demonstrates its compliance with ethical requirements, office procedures on staff management, engaging with clients and managing engagement risks.
- The Practitioner and Business Considerations
- The objective is to discuss matters such as the business metrics of a CA firm as well as an appropriate compensation package commensurate with the risks of being in practice and how that compensation is generally shared among partners in the firm. This section will also allow CAs (Singapore) to reflect on why they are choosing public practice as a career option, the personal characteristic they may need, the economic and business realities and the overriding public interest obligation.
• CAs (Singapore) who fulfil the requirements to be a public accountant as set out in the Accountants Act.
* Non-CAs (Singapore) are welcome to attend the Programme. However, they must have at least 2 years of auditing experience in a public practice. Please note that priority will be given to CAs (Singapore) who fulfil the requirements to be a public accountant as set out in the Accountants Act. Programme fees will differ for this category. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Note: No CPE hours will be awarded for this programme as it is a mandatory requirement in connection with the application to be a Public Accountant.
Date & Time
12 March 2024 to 14 March 2024 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
23 July 2024 to 25 July 2024 (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Fee (exclusive of GST)
For Members - CA (Singapore) : $1800 (exclusive of GST)
Closing date for registration
1 week before the programme or until full enrolment.